FTS / FTP
Practical and safe plug solution
The FTS serves as a test block that facilitates the connection of substation devices, such as protection relays, fault recorders and, revenue meters to voltage and current transformers, as well as other equipment on the system side of a power grid.
The FTP is a specially designed test plug that is keyed to a specific configuration of FTS test blocks. When inserted into the corresponding test block, the FTP plug isolates the substation devices from the equipment on the system side. Additionally, it enables the connection of test equipment for conducting secondary injection tests.
- Finger-safe – There are no exposed metallic parts on the FTS test block or on the FTP test plug, greatly increasing safety during testing. Even the back-side is finger safe.
- Patented Keyed Test Plugs – Test plugs are keyed to the corresponding test block, preventing mistakes and errors during test.
- Built-in Time Sequencing – When a FTP test plug is inserted into a FTS test block, contacts are opened in a pre-defined sequence. This is done to prevent false trips from activating the breaker, greatly simplifying the task of testing. The intelligence is built into the plug: different length fingers create the sequence and fixed current shorting bars provide safe and reliable make-before-break current shorting. When the FTP test plug is removed from the block, contacts are closed in the reverse order, with the trips contacts being the last to close.
- Less than 2 mΩ internal resistance – Thanks to the patented construction, FTS / FTP test interfaces have an extremely low internal resistance. This ensures a lighter load on instrumentation transformers and no impact on heat generation within panels.
- Over 100 Models and Counting – Models are available in any even number within the range of 8 to 20-pole configurations. Any combination of currents, voltages or trip signals. Custom labeling. The right FTS test block either already exists or can easily be created.
- Compatible Test Plugs – STP and LTP Test Plugs.