The IPS is the pioneer VDE standard test interface. In its flush or surface-mount test block versions, the IPS is a solution engineered to establish safe interfacing between substation IED and components within the power grid’s system side, most notably voltage and current transformers, and breakers.
The IPS test plugs are keyed to the specific configuration of the equivalent IPS test blocks. Upon insertion into the test block, the IPS plug effectively isolates the substation devices from the system side equipment. Simultaneously, it facilitates the connection of test equipment, enabling the execution of secondary injection tests with precision and accuracy.
- Finger safe – No exposed metallic parts in IPS Test Blocks and plugs increase safety during testing.
- Patented Keyed Test Plugs – Test plugs are keyed to the corresponding test blocks to help eliminate the most common human errors during testing.
- Built-in Time Sequencing – Time sequenced disconnection / reconnection operations prevents spurious breaker operation.
- Less than 2 mΩ internal resistance – Extremely low internal resistance (< 2 mΩ) doesn’t contribute to cabinets and panels heating.
- Many sizes and configurations – Available in 7, 14 and 19-pole configurations, covering all VDE standard models.
- Standardized Testing Procedures – Facilitates efficient, standardized testing procedures.
- Ergonomics – Test plug handle is functionally and ergonomically designed and enables an easy plug in and plug out process.
- Compatible Test Plugs – IPS Test Plugs.