Safety and convenience in test interfaces
The LTB is a test block with extended rear terminals that allows for easy and safe disconnection of IEDs (protective relays, fault recorders, revenue meters, etc.) from the system side of the power grid. The LTB typically works in conjunction with the LTP test plug, which features an integrated leverage mechanism to assist with its insertion into the LTB.
The sophisticated mechanical design of the LTP ensures a seamless plug-in process for the test plug. This enables a quick disconnection of a large number of poles with just a few simple movements.
- Finger-safe – There are no exposed metallic parts on either the LTB test interfaces, significantly enhancing safety during testing.
- Long Back End – The long back end of the LTB is typically flush with adjacent devices, making cabling easier.
- Guiding Rail – The LTP securely locks into the LTB for a precise fit.
- Lever on the Test Plug – The leverage mechanism ensures smooth and even insertion of the LTP Test Plug.
- Ergonomic Design – The lever consists of an ergonomic handle that can be effortlessly turned.
- Choice of Signaling Color – While the plastic parts usually come in black, the LTP is also optionally offered in orange as a signaling color.
- Compatible Test Plugs – LTP, STP, and FTP Test Plugs.